WHS connected with persons who have been "Beatified" by the Roman Catholic Church (but not, as yet, Canonised). Connection must be more significant than having merely "visited" the site. Excluding a "connection" of the numerous Beatified Popes to The Vatican.
- Camagüey Blessed Jose Ollalo (Died 1889. Beatified Nov 2008). Helped the sick and wounded during Cuba's Ten Year's War, giving aid to people on both sides.Worked in Camaguey and was beatified at the town's 18c Nuestra Señora de la Soledad church. Signficantly, Raoul Castro attended the ceremony indicating a rapprochement between the Cuban Communist Party and the Roman Catholic Church
- Franciscan Missions in the Sierra Gorda Blessed Fray Junipero Serra (Died 1784. Beatified Sept 1988). A Franciscan Friar who "requested a transfer to the Sierra Gorda Indian Missions... where he spent about nine years. During this time, he served as the mission's superior, learned the language of the Pame Indians, and translated the catechism into their language" (Wiki). Later went on to found the California missions. See Link
- Kotor Blessed Osanna of Cattaro (Died 1565. Beatified in 1934) "A Catholic Dominican, Tertiary, Visionary, Anchoress and convert from Orthodoxy" (Wiki). Relics held in Church of St Mary. See Link
- Valletta Blessed Nazju Falzon (Died 1865. Beatified May 2001) "will be best remembered...for his unstinting work among the British servicemen especially where the teaching of Catechism was concerned " Buried in in the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception in the Church of the Franciscan Minors, Mary of Jesus, Valletta. See Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Beatified Persons
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source