Built in the 4th millennium BC
- Ahwar of Southern Iraq The cities flourished between 4th and 2nd millennium BC (AB ev)
- Brú na Bóinne
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump
- Laponian Area "The area ...was first occupied in the Palaeolithic period, towards the end of the last Ice Age, about 10,000 years BP. The settlers were nomadic hunter-gatherers, subsisting principally on wild reindeer.... remains of human settlement over wide areas of the site indicating a hunting and fishing culture from between 3500 and 2000 BC evolving around 2000 BC into use of trapping pit systems. Extensive reindeer domestication and nomadic life based on herding of tame reindeer did not develop until the17th and 18th Centuries" (IUCN) "This area has been occupied continuously by the Saami people since prehistoric times (having) .. arrived from the east 4000-5000 years ago ...(They) began hunting wild reindeer, like their predecessors, but slowly replaced them by domestlcated herds, wlth which they migrated during the year. They practised a form of transhumance, spending the summer in the mountains and the winters in the coniferous forests to the east. (ICOMOS) " Timeline based on arrival of Sami.
- Twyfelfontein Oldest findings date from 5,850 BP
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Built in the 4th millennium BC
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source