WHS located along the Pan-American Highway.
- Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks
- Churches of Chiloé Churches of Castro, Nercon
- Darien National Park The highway is interrupted here for about 100km
- Glacier parks
- Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works A few 100 meters from the highway (Ruta 5)
- Lima The highway runs through the city, including the historic center
- Los Katios National Park The map of the Park on the UNESCO Web site shows "Carretera Panamericana Proyecto" passing across it in the south
- Mexico City and Xochimilco The Pan-American Highway (as Mexico Highway 85D) enters Mexico City.
- Nasca Lines Observation tower is along the highway
- Oaxaca and Monte Alban Highway 190 from Mexico City passes through the city on its way to the Guatemalan frontier at Ciudad Cuauhatemoc where it becomes CA1
- Puebla Highway 190 from Mexico City passes through the city on its way to the Guatemalan frontier at Ciudad Cuauhatemoc where it becomes CA1
- Quito Ecuador Highway 35 passes through Quito
- Santa Ana de los Rios de Cuenca Ecuador Highway 35 passes through Cuenca
- Talamanca Range-La Amistad Reserves Tapantí-Macizo de la Muerte National Park - The border of this national park more or less follows the outline of the highway for some 20-30 km, between the towns of Trinidad and Villa Mills Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Pan-American Highway
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source