John Muir (21 April 1838
- Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks 1897 (via Banff and Canadian Rockies) Link
- Glacier parks Alaska "- 1879 (first Alaskan expedition with S. Hall Young) (Fort Wrangell, Glenora on the Stikine River, mid-October - Glacier Bay) 1880 (July-September, to Taylor Glacier with Stickeen) 1881 (May-October, Cruised aboard the Corwin, Bering Sea, Siberia) 1890 1896 1897 (via Banff and Canadian Rockies) 1899 (Harriman Alaska Expedition) (Sitka -June 1899) (Wrangell, Glacier Bay, Prince William Sound - 1899) Link
- Grand Canyon Grand Canyon (Flagstaff), Arizona - September 29, 1896 (with Gifford Pinchot), February-March 1909 (with John Burroughs) Link
- Mammoth Cave "The naturalist John Muir (early September 1867)" - Wiki (Mammoth Cave National Park)
- Stone Town of Zanzibar Zanzibar, Tanzania : January - February 1912 Link
- Wrangel Island (claimed the island for the United States in 1881)
- Yellowstone Yellowstone National Park, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana - 1885
- Yosemite National Park 1868: Muir's first trip to Yosemite Valley
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to John Muir
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source