History of Aviation
- Acropolis Daedalus and Icarus Link
- Camagüey "An event of worldwide connotation was the Camagüey Sevilla flight, made by the Spanishes Mariano Barberán y Joaquin Collar in 1933. They flew the airplane so called 'Cuatro vientos'.."(nom file). It was the longest Atlantic Ocean crossing until then. The plane disappeared when continuing from Camaguey to Mexico. Link
- Cordoba Abbas Ibn Firnas, known for an early attempt at aviation Link
- Paris, Banks of the Seine Enri Giffard (commemorated on the Eiffel Tower), Alberto Santos-Dumont (rounded the Eiffel Tower) Link
- Phoenix Islands site of Amelia Earhart's planecrash
- St. Petersburg David Schwarz developed his airship there as an Austrian military attaché
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to History of Aviation
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source