Mannerism is a period of European painting, sculpture, architecture and decorative arts lasting from the later years of the Italian High Renaissance around 1520 until the arrival of the Baroque around 1600.
- Amsterdam Canal Ring Noorderkerk and other works by Hendrick de Keyser Link
- Belem High Altar and the Transept chapels in the Sta. Maria church
- Evora Evora University
- Florence Link
- Graz Schloss Eggenberg's Grotto
- Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
- Lyon Mannerist house of the Lion (1647)
- Mantua and Sabbioneta Mantua Te Palace
- Medici Villas and Gardens The mannerist garden in Pratolino.
- Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy Sacro Monte di Orta, part of Sacri Monti
- San Cristobal de La Laguna Casa de Lercaro, with an especially fine Mannerist façade (AB ev)
- Venice and its Lagoon Scuola di San Rocco and others
- Villa d'Este Terraced garden
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Mannerism
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source