Confucianism is a Chinese ethical and philosophical system developed from the teachings of the Chinese philosopher Confucius.
- Changdeokgung Palace Complex The architectural style of Changdeokgung Palace, demonstrate features of simplicity and frugality, reflecting the Confucian ideology of the Joseon Dynasty.
- Citadel of the Ho Dynasty testifies to a flowering of neo-Confucianism (AB ev)
- Dazu Rock Carvings Dazu for its outstanding evidence of the harmonious synthesis of Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism (AB)
- Dengfeng Songyang Confucian Academy
- Fujian Tulou "The Confucian tradition has been retained inside the tulou and integrated with local customs and features. As a result, a unique dialect, folk art, religious ideas, and lifestyle came into being. Tulou provides important evidence in the study of anthropology and folkways." - AB Document
- Hahoe and Yangdong the Confucian Academies
- Hoi An Confucian Temple
- Jongmyo Shrine the Confucianism Royal Shrine
- Kaesong The integration of Buddhist, Confucian, Taoist and geomantic concepts is manifest (Unesco)
- Lushan National Park There is a Confucian academy located at Lushan, the White Deer Grotto Academy
- Macao "Barra Square with the A-Ma Temple (15th century), an example of Chinese culture inspired by Confucianism,Taoism, Buddhism and folk beliefs. The temple is used especially during Chinese Spring Festival." - AB Document
- Melaka and George Town Khoo Kongsi's confucian clan shrine (Georgetown)
- Mount Wuyi contains study centres associated with the birth of Neo-Confucianism in the 11th century AD
- Namhansanseong "Its town planning reflects Chinese Confucian influences; it reproduces the city plan of Seoul in order to accommodate the administration and the population in similar conditions if they were forced to move in the event of war." - AB Evaluation
- Ping Yao Wen Miao Confucian Temple
- Royal Joseon Tombs Within the context of Confucian cultures, the integrated approach of the Royal Tombs of Joseon to nature and the universe has resulted in a distinctive and significant funeral tradition.
- Temple, Mansion and Cemetery of Confucius Birthplace of Confucianism
- Xidi and Hongcun "This culture has a special place in Chinese history, since it made major contributions to the development of Confucian culture and to commercial development in the 14th-19th centuries." - AB document
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Confucianism
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source