The Syriac churches are churches originally adopted by the Syriacs (also called Assyrians) and whose sacred language (and sometimes also the everyday language) is Aramaic. These churches include the Assyrian (=Nestorian) Church, Syriac Orthodox, Syriac Catholic, Chaldean and Maronite Church.
- Aleppo Mar Assia Al-Hakim is Syriac Catholic
- Byblos St John the Baptist Church is now Maronite
- Damascus Saint George's Syriac Orthodox Church
- Old City of Acre Maronite Church
- Old City of Jerusalem monastery of Saint Mark, a Syriac Orthodox church as well as a Maronite
- Orkhon Valley "Excavated items include domestic fragments as well as relics associated with ... Nestorian Christianity."
- Qadisha Valley Maronite churches
- Silk Roads Nestorian church in Suyab
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Syriac Churches
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source