Marcus Ulpius Nerva Traianus, commonly known as Trajan (18 September 53 - 8 August 117), was Roman emperor from AD 98 to 117. Regarded by Gibbon as one of the "Five Good Emperors". Notable for his public building program and expansion of the Roman Empire to its greatest extent with campaigns in Dacia, Armenia and Mesopotamia.
- Mérida Trajan's Arch
- Nubian Monuments Philae - Trajan's Kiosk
- Rabat The later Roman town was constructed close to this settlement, with a set of monumental buildings around the forum, during the reign of the Emperor Trajan. It includes the remains of a capitol, a triumphal arch, a basilica and a curia. (AB ev)
- Rome Trajan's Column. Also Trajan's Market and Trajan's Forum
- Timgad Trajan's Arch
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Emperor Trajan
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source