The Mughal Empire ruled most of the Indian subcontinent from the early 16th to the mid-19th centuries.
- Agra Fort The great Mughals Babur, Humayun, Akbar, Jehangir, Shah Jahan and Aurangzeb lived here, and the country was governed from here.
- Fatehpur Sikri
- Fort and Shalamar Gardens
- Humayun's Tomb
- Makli, Thatta
- Red Fort
- Sulaiman-Too Babur, founder of the Mughal dynasty, is said to have built a small mosque here in 1510
- Taj Mahal
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Mughal Empire
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source