Peter Paul Rubens
Peter Paul Rubens was a seventeenth-century Flemish Baroque painter.
- Belfries Altarpieces The Raising of the Cross (1610) and The Descent from the Cross (1611?1614) for the Cathedral of Our Lady
- Genoa Wrote I Palazzi di Genova, which includes several of the designated palaces
- Mantua and Sabbioneta Mantua: lived at the court of Duke Vincenzo I of Gonzaga.
- Notre-Dame Cathedral in Tournai "The liberation of souls from purgatory", 1635-1636
- Plantin-Moretus Museum He was a friend of the family and made several paintings/bookcovers for them
- Rome St. Helena with the True Cross for the Roman church of Santa Croce in Gerusalemme
- Venice and its Lagoon Madonna with Child, in the baroque church Santa Maria del Giglio.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Peter Paul Rubens
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source