World Heritage Sites connected to Timurid Architecture
- Bukhara Bukhara's Ulugh Beg Madrasah is built in Timurid style by Ulugh Beg, Timur's grandson
- Masjed-e Jâme' one of the decorative styles of different periods that are incorporated
- Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi
- Meidan Emam, Esfahan 15th Centruy Timurid Palace (Ali Qapu Palace)
- Safi al-Din Ensemble in Ardabil
- Samarkand The Gur-i Amir, the Bibi Khanum mosque, and the Shah-i Zindeh mausoleum complex (commissioned by Timur himself), plus two important examples of Timurid architecture from the period after Timur: the madrasah and observatory of Ulugh Beg
- Shakhrisyabz Aq Saray (White Palace)
- Tabriz Bazaar Blue (Kaboud) Mosque
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Timurid Architecture
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source