The Sahel is the ecoclimatic and biogeographic zone of transition between the Sahara desert in the North and the Sudanian savannas in the south.
- Air and Téneré The Aïr constitutes a Sahelian enclave surrounded by a Saharian desert (AB ev)
- Cliff of Bandiagara
- Djoudj "semi-arid Sahelian climate" (unep)
- Island of Saint-Louis "Part of the Sahel, a transitional desertic band that separates ?[?] the dunes of the Sahara from the baobabs of the savanna?,  Saint-Louis? landscape is characterized by occasional acacias and is disturbed by sand storms during the dry season." Wiki
- Ruins of Loropéni
- Saloum Delta
- Tomb of Askia
- W National Park of Niger
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Sahel
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source