WHS connected to the playing of a board game
- Ancient Thebes Tomb of Nefertari with a mural showing her playing the ancient Egyptian game of "Senet" Link
- Fatehpur Sikri Courtyard for playing "Pachisi". A type of Ludo played by the Mughal Emperor Akbar using girls from his harem as "counters" with him "running" the game from a central raised chair! Link
- Petra There is a view that a number of carvings at Petra were "boards" for playing a version of the "sowing" game "Mancala" Link
- Shahr-i Sokhta The oldest discovered backgammon
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Board Games
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source