- Banska Stiavnica
- Darien National Park "An important bird watching site is located in the Cana Scientific Station in the centre of the park where there was once the Espiritu Santo Gold Mine (opened as a gold mine by the Spanish, the Cana mine produced gold continuously until 1727. This mine was later reopened by the Darien Gold Mining Company and operated until 1907, producing about 4 tons of gold)."
- Forts and Castles Gold Coast Originally built to profit from the gold trade. Elmina means "the mine".
- Great Zimbabwe Ruins
- Kakadu National Park
- Las Medulas
- Oaxaca and Monte Alban
- Ouro Preto
- Ruins of Kilwa Kisiwani and Songo Mnara
- Ruins of Loropéni
- Santa Cruz de Mompox Gold trade and royal mint
- Vredefort Dome Gold mining (1888-1920)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Gold production
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source