Possible location for places referenced in the Iliad and the Odyssey
- Acropolis City of Menestheus, legendary King of Athens during the Trojan War
- Archaeological Site of Delphi The Delphic Oracle
- Delos Site of Orion's death
- Isole Eolie The supposed location of the Aeolian Islands where King Aeolus kept the winds, though the islands have also been thought of as floating about like the winds themselves, and it is generally safer to assume that the location of the islands is left deliberately vague.
- Mycenae and Tiryns Mycenae: City of Agamemnon
- Troy Site of the Trojan War
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Homeric Locations
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source