Hunting Lodge or Castle
- Abbey and Altenmünster of Lorsch A Baroque hunting lodge belonging to the Bishoph of Mainz was erected next to the King's Hall and is still standing
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe The Bergpark was built over the earlier hunting lodge estate of Landgrave Moritz of Hesse dating from 1601 (AB ev)
- Castles of Augustusburg and Falkenlust Falkenlust
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan Ranthambore Fort (AB ev)
- Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape Lovecky Zamecek
- Loire Valley Château de Chambord
- Mountain Resort, Chengde "used to be a summer resort and hunting ground for emperors of the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911)"
- Par force hunting landscape Eremitageslottet, the baroque royal hunting lodge "still used by the royal family for hunting lunches" (AB ev)
- Potsdam Borkenhaus Link
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy Palazzina di caccia of Stupinigi
- Royal Palace at Caserta
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley Burg Sooneck " In 1834, the then crown prince of Prussia, Frederick William IV, and his brothers Princes William, Charles, and Albert bought the completely derelict castle and between 1834 and 1861 had it rebuilt as a hunting castle. In the rebuilding, which was designed by the military architect Carl Schnitzler, the historical structures were largely retained with the addition of buildings in romantic style. The Prussian royal crest that remains over the north gate of the castle dates to this period. Disagreements within the royal family and the effects of the revolutions in Germany in 1848 prevented the castle from ever being used as a hunting lodge." (Wiki)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Hunting Lodge or Castle
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source