WHS inscribed on natural criteria where local inhabitants are allowed to hunt and kill significant protected species as part of their "way of life"
- Banc d'Arguin fishing techniques involving collaboration with wild dolphines practiced by the Amrig
- Dja Faunal Reserve "A population of pygmies live within the reserve in small sporadic encampments, and are free to hunt within the reserve using traditional methods." (AB)
- Ilulissat Icefjord Narwal, Musk Ox, Seals, birds etc. (No motorised support allowed)
- Lena Pillars Sable hunting "Members of ancestral farms annually bag 600-800 sable skins". (nom file) Link
- Ngorongoro Ritual lion hunting (Ala-mayo) was banned in the 1970s but Masai are allowed to kill lions in retaliation against wildlife attacks Link
- Olympic National Park Whaling Link
- Shirakami-Sanchi Bear Hunting by "Matagi" Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Traditional Hunting
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source