WHS made significantly of "Cast" or "Wrought" Iron.
- Ironbridge Gorge Cast Iron
- Kew Gardens Kew Palm House - wrought iron frame Link
- Lyon Tour métallique de Fourvière Link
- Paris, Banks of the Seine Eiffel Tower - Wrought Iron
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal "The trough was made from flanged plates of cast iron, bolted together"
- Singapore Botanic Gardens Victorian Cast Iron Gazebo and gates, two of the landmarks of SGB
- Statue of Liberty The interior frame (covered by copper sheets) was originally made of "Puddled Iron" (a type of "Wrought Iron") but this was found in the 1980s to have corroded where it touched the copper ("Galvanic corrosion") and the majority was replaced by steel during the restoration of 1984/6
- Vizcaya Bridge
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Iron Structures
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source