Pacific Ring of Fire
The Pacific Ring of Fire is an area where large numbers of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur in the basin of the Pacific Ocean.
- Mount Hamiguitan
- Ogasawara Islands
- Redwood "The northern coastal region of California, which includes RNSP and the adjacent offshore area, is the most seismically active in the U.S. Frequent minor earthquakes in the park and offshore under the Pacific Ocean have resulted in shifting river channels, landslides, and erosion of seaside cliffs." - wiki
- Sangay National Park
- Shiretoko From Shiretoko Cape at the tip of the peninsula, a series of volcanoes run down the peninsula, including Mount Shiretoko, Mount Unabetsu, and Mount Iō. (wiki)
- Tongariro National Park
- Ujung Kulon National Park "The second unique attraction in Ujung Kulon is the Krakatau volcano. This is one of many hundreds of volcanoes in the Pacific "ring of fire" that extends virtually around the Pacific ocean"(AB ev)
- Volcanoes of Kamchatka
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Pacific Ring of Fire
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source