Developed since inscription
Sites where a "Significant Development" has taken place since inscription without delisting, placing on the danger list, general warnings etc.
- Ancient Kyoto In 2001 Uji Byodoin Temple opened its modern museum mostly built underground of the temple complex.
- Edinburgh Scottish Parliament building (1999-2004)
- Graz The Kunsthaus and the Murinsel were built 4 years after inscription.
- Kazan Kremlin Kul Sharif Mosque inside the Kremlin (2005)
- Kew Gardens Davies Alpine House (2006)
- Museumsinsel (Museum Island) A contemporary building "James Simon-Galerie" is under development in front of the Neues Museum for completion in 2012 ("modern with a hull of satin glass and steel"). Link
- Prague The Dancing house 1992-96 Link
- St. Petersburg "Flood protection Facility complex" passes through the inscribed Northern forts of Kronstadt (still under construction but northern section from Kronstadt was opened in Dec 2007)
- Vatican City Mater Ecclesiae Monastery inside Vatican Gardens erected between 1992 and 1994
- Venice and its Lagoon Ponte di Calatrava across the Grand Canal (2008)
- Yaroslavl rebuilt Dormition Cathedral in 2010
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Developed since inscription
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source