- Budapest Statue of Liberty at the Gellert Hill Link
- Kremlin and Red Square Mausoleum of Lenin
- La Chaux-de-Fonds / Le Locle Chaux de Fonds is mentioned in "Das Kapital" as an exemplary city for the proletariat. Both Chaux de Fonds and Le Locle have strong communist traditions. Le Locle is the only municipality in Switzerland (and maybe in all of Western Europe) which is currently governed by the Communist Party (stand 2012).
- Lushan National Park The Park includes former residences of Mao Zedong (1960) and Lin Biao (1970).
- Prague basement of the Stalin's Monument on Letn? Hill
- Riga Sculpture of the Latvian Red Riflemen, some of whom became Lenin's personal bodyguards. "Some view the monument as a symbol of the old communist system and would love to tear it down. Others believe it is a necessary tribute to Latvians who fought in the early years of WWI."
- Tajik National Park Independence Peak (Revolution Peak), Ismoil Somoni Peak (Communism Peak/Stalin Peak), Lenin Peak
- Vienna Soviet War Memorial Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Communism
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source