Oscar Niemeyer (born December 15, 1907) is a Brazilian architect who is considered one of the most important names in international modern architecture.
- Brasilia Designed a large number of residential, commercial and government buildings in the new capital
- Costiera Amalfitana Niemeyer Auditorium (Ravello) inaugurated in 2010.
- Diamantina Hotel do Tijuco (1951), and several other works in the town - including a School (1954) and a Club (1950).
- Le Havre Le Volcan (Cultural Centre)
- Pampulha Designed the main buildings there
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Oscar Niemeyer
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source