A volcanic plug is a volcanic landform created when magma hardens within a vent on an active volcano.
- Edinburgh Castle Rock
- Garajonay Roque de Agando, Roque de la Zarcita and Roque de Ojila. Link
- Isole Eolie Strombolicchio Link
- Lord Howe Island "... two mountainous volcanic plugs rising sheer from the sea, Mount Gower (875m) and Mount Lidgbird (777m)"
- Mount Kenya
- Pitons Management Area
- Sub-Antarctic Islands Campbell Island Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Volcanic plugs
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source