A steppe is a region characterised by grassland plain without trees.
- Causses and Cévennes The Causses
- Golden Mountains of Altai
- Los Glaciares semiarid Patagonian steppe lies to the east under 400m(UNEP-WCMC)
- Peninsula Valdes The dominant vegetation is Patagonian desert steppe scrub (UNEP-WCMC)
- Tajik National Park
- Uvs Nuur Basin
- Wrangel Island ... a mosaic of tundra and steppe types co-exist in quilt-like patterns (AB ev)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Steppe
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source