The Sassanid Persian Empire is the last pre-Islamic Iranian empire. It was one of the two main powers in Western Asia for a period of more than 400 years (224-651).
- Bisotun features remains from the prehistoric times to the Median, Achaemenid, Sassanian, and Ilkhanid periods
- Derbent Its defence structures were built by the Sassanians in the 5th century CE
- Takht-e Soleyman
- Walled City of Baku Maiden Tower "The site was believed to have used originally during the Sasanid era as a Zoroastrian temple" (wiki_
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Sassanid Empire
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source