Slow Food Movement
WHS within whose boundaries the preservation of a traditional food associated with the site/area is being helped by the Slow Food Movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_food)
- Banc d'Arguin Mullet Bottarga (roe) Link
- Causses and Cévennes Roquefort
- Cliff of Bandiagara Somé (dried condiments) Link
- Laponian Area Reindeer Suovas (smoked meat) Link
- Quebrada de Humahuaca Potatoes Link
- Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras Tinawon rice is the organic rice grown in the rice terraces of Banaue (Batad and Bangaan) and in Kiangan Link
- Villages with Fortified Churches Fruit Preserves Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Slow Food Movement
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source