Christian Churches in non Christian countries
WHS sites situated in a non Christian country yet consisting of, or including as a significant element of the inscribed area, an "operational" Christian religious building ("Non-Christian country" is defined as having less than 5% of population as Christian - see link).
- Armenian Monastic Ensembles (Iran <2%. Elsewhere stated as .4%)
- Baptism Site "Bethany Beyond the Jordan" Jordan has 2.2% Christians (CIA World Factbook)
- Bethlehem Christians comprise less than 4% of Palestinians living within the borders of former Mandate Palestine today. They are approximately 4% of the West Bank population, less than 1% in Gaza, and nearly 10% of Israel's Palestinian population. (wiki)
- Churches and Convents of Goa (India 2.3%)
- Old City of Jerusalem Holy Sepulchre (Israel 2.3%)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Christian Churches in non Christian countries
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source