World Heritage Sites connected to Dependent territories
- Australian Convict Sites Norfolk Island (Kingston and Arthurs Vale Historic Area): "The island is part of the Commonwealth of Australia, but it enjoys a large degree of self-governance. Together with two neighbouring islands, it forms one of Australia's external territories."
- Gorham's Cave Complex British Overseas Territory
- Gough and Inaccessible Islands (UK - St. Helena)
- Heard and McDonald Islands (Australia)
- Henderson Island (UK - Pitcairn Island)
- Ilulissat Icefjord (Denmark - Greenland)
- Jeju Jeju Special Autonomous Province or Cheju Island is the only special autonomous province of South Korea
- La Fortaleza (USA - Puerto Rico)
- Lagoons of New Caledonia
- Papahanaumokuakea It includes the island of Midway which is an "Unorganised unincorporated territory of the US"
- Rapa Nui (Chili - Easter Island)
- St. George, Bermuda (UK - Bermuda)
- Sub-Antarctic Islands (New Zealand)
- Willemstad (Netherlands - Curacao)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Dependent territories
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source