- Burgundy Léproserie de Meursault Link
- Great Barrier Reef Fantome Island. A leprosarium was established on the island in 1927. Upon its closure in 1974 it was purged by fire. The island is the site of 200 graves"
- Robben Island 1836-1931 served as a Leper colony
- Venice and its Lagoon Island of San Lazzaro degli Armeni "Lying just off the Lido, San Lazzaro degli Armeni is a small, very green monastery island....(which) served as an asylum in the 12th Century and later became a hospital island for lepers, named after their patron saint Lazarus. The lepers were then transferred to the Ospedale di San Lazzaro dei Mendicanti at Santi Giovanni e Paolo"
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Leprosy
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source