WHS conquered by Timur. Timur or Tamerlane was a 14th century Turco-Mongol conqueror of much of western and Central Asia.
- Diyarbakir Fortress and Hevsel Gardens In 1394, Timur surrounded Diyarbakır and was able to enter the city through a hole on the city wall, and demolished many buildings. (AB ev)
- Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi
- Meidan Emam, Esfahan
- Mtskheta Ravaged it in the 15th century
- Pergamon The city fell to the Ottomans in 1345, then briefly to the Mongols under Timur before being taken again by the Ottomans under Murat II (1421-1451)(AB ev)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Timur
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source