The Via Francigena is ancient road and pilgrims route between Canterbury and Rome, which passes through England, France, Switzerland and Italy
- Canterbury Starting point
- Rome Final destination
- San Gimignano ".. was a relay point on the Via Francigena" (ICOMOS)
- Val d'Orcia Via Francigena and its associated abbeys, inns, shrines, bridges etc are explicitly included in this WHS
- Vatican City St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City in Rome holds one of the final destinations of the pilgrimage, the tomb of St. Peter the Apostle. (wiki)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Via Francigena
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source