The term "English garden" or "English park" is used in Continental Europe for a large-scale landscape garden with its origins in the English landscape gardens of the 18th century.
- Australian Convict Sites Old Government House and Domain, Parramatta "The park includes ..... landscaped gardens in late 18th century English style"
- Banska Stiavnica Park of the castle of Sv?t? Anton
- Blenheim Palace Its park was created by the famous landscape gardener 'Capability' Brown
- Bordeaux Jardin Public: "Under Napoleon III the gardens were transformed into a traditional English formal garden, and extended. This is the present form of the gardens." Link
- Botanical Garden, Padua
- City of Bath Prior Park and Holburne Gardens
- Drottningholm Gustav III's English Garden
- Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz
- Gardens and Castle at Kromeríz
- Graz Schloss Eggenberg
- Karlskrona At Skarva
- Kew Gardens "The landscape gardens and the edifices created by celebrated artists such as Charles Bridgeman, William Kent, Lancelot ?Capability? Brown and William Chambers reflect the beginning of movements which were to have international influence."
- Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape Lednice park, plus some of the smaller parks, the so-called Englische Anlagen
- Muskauer Park
- Potsdam New Garden
- Prague Pruhonice Park
- Residence of Bukovinian and Dalmatian Metropolitans the park, landscaped in 19th century English style with asymmetrical tree-planting and glades (AB ev)
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy Agliè garden
- Royal Palace at Caserta Caserta English garden
- Singapore Botanic Gardens SGB heritage zone
- St. Petersburg Pavlovsk Palace "Pavlovsk is well worth visiting both for the treasures in the elegant palace and for the charming, rambling park, which is one of the largest and finest English-style landscape gardens outside the UK. " (From www.saint-petersburg.com/pavlovsk/index.asp ) AND Peterhof "Catherine the Great oversaw the creation of the first landscape garden at Peterhof, the English Park, which was designed jointly by English landscaper James Meders and the great Italian architect Giacomo Quarenghi. The park was once the setting for Quarenghi's English Palace, considered one of the finest works of Russian classicism, which was later used as a guesthouse for foreign visitors, and then destroyed by artillery fire in the Second World War. " Link
- Studley Royal Park
- Telc Castle park
- Versailles The attempt to convert Le Nôtre’s masterpiece into an English-style garden failed to achieve its desired goal. Owing largely to the topology of the land, the English esthetic was abandoned and the gardens replanted in the French style. (wiki) Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to English garden
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source