Sites displaying or depicting chariots.
World Heritage Sites connected to Chariots
- Archaeological Site of Delphi "The life-size statue of a chariot driver was found in 1896 at the Sanctuary of Apollo in Delphi." (wiki) Link
- Chola Temples Darasuram: Horse drawn chariot
- Ellora Caves Ellora Cave no. 25 depicting hindu sun god with his chariot
- Hampi Stone chariot with two elephants pulling
- Luang Prabang The Golden Royal Funeral Chariot is kept in Wat Xiang Thong
- Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor Ca. 130 chariots were buried together with the soldiers
- Nubian Monuments Relief of Ramses II located in Abu Simbel, depicted riding a chariot when fighting at the Battle of Kadesh
- Sun Temple, Konarak Shaped as the chariot of sun god Surya
- Thracian tomb of Kazanlak A chariot race is depicted in the murals inside the tomb Link
- Yin Xu Includes Chariots pit of the Shang Dynasty
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Chariots
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source