More than 500 steps/stairs to climb
Sites that include a singular stairway that has over 500 steps to climb.
- Bahá’i Holy Places Bahai Garden - 700 steps (but only descent is possible for tourists)
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe 885 steps from Neptune basin to Hercules (wiki de)
- Central Highlands There are said to be 5200 steps to climb up Adams' Peak within the Central Highlands
- Cologne Cathedral There are 509 steps to the top of the tower
- Golden Temple of Dambulla 1200
- Mount Taishan 7000 steps
- Paris, Banks of the Seine Eiffel Tower - 1665 steps
- Petra Monastery - 900 steps
- Saint Catherine Area Steps of Repentance - 3750 steps
- Sceilg Mhichíl Southern Steps - 640 steps (also given at 544)
- Sigiriya Exact number of steps quoted varies but general agreement that it is over 1000. The summit is 200 meters above the surrounding plain so it seems inevitable that there must be well over 500!
- Wulingyuan Visitors to Wulingyuan's Yellow Caves have to climb more than 1000 steps to enter or exit the cave inner caverns
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to More than 500 steps/stairs to climb
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source