Painted by JMW Turner
- Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape Tamar Valley Mining District. "Crossing the Brook". Early Turner (1815) showing the Tamar Valley and Calstock in the style of French 17th C painter Claude but with signs of industrialisation in the valley. Link
- Dorset and East Devon Coast
- Durham Castle and Cathedral
- Gwynedd Castles
- Loire Valley "Vue Sud-Est de Beaugency c1826-30" Link
- Maritime Greenwich (London 1809 etc)
- Paris, Banks of the Seine
- Pyramids (Memphis) Giza - Fifth Plague of Egypt 1800
- Rome Rome from the Vatican 1820
- Site of Carthage Dido building Carthage 1815
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley
- Venice and its Lagoon S. Giorgio Maggiore, Looking east from the Giudecca 1819, View of a cross-canal near the Arsenal 1840 etc.
- Westminster Burning of the House of Lords and Commons 1835 etc.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Painted by JMW Turner
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source