Sites (or significant elements thereof) where an elevator is currently used to transport visitors vertically (ie excluding funiculars and cable cars).
- Abbey of St Gall To the monastic library which is located on the third floor of the building
- Bellinzone To Castelgrande
- Blaenavon Industrial Landscape To descend the "Big Pit"
- Carlsbad Caverns To get to the Big Room without walking too far
- City of Luxembourg To get between the Grund and the historic centre
- Graz Schlossberglifte Link
- Heritage of Mercury Almaden
- Paris, Banks of the Seine Eiffel Tower
- Salvador de Bahia Elevador Lacerda (Lacerda Elevator): Inaugurated in 1873
- Statue of Liberty Available to the top of the pedestal
- Valparaiso Ascensor Polanco
- Venice and its Lagoon Campanile
- Vienna Haas House
- Vizcaya Bridge "There are two new visitors lifts installed in the 50 meter high pillars of the bridge that allow walking over the bridge's platform, from where there is a view of the port and the Abra bay." (Wiki)
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines Used to bring tourists back to the surface after going underground by stairs
- Works of Antoni Gaudí Pedrera (to Gaudi's chimnies)
- Wulingyuan World's tallest full-exposure outdoor elevator with biggest carrying capacity
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Elevators
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source