Mummies found or displayed within WHS
- Abbey of St Gall Egyptian mummy in the library of the monastery
- Ancient Thebes Mummy of Ramesses II was found here (now displayed in Cairo museum). Also Tutankhamun and others
- Arequipa Mummy Juanita, on display in Catholic University of Santa María's Museum of Andean Sanctuaries (Museo Santuarios Andinos) Link
- Cuzco "Royal Mummies" kept at Cuzco were all destroyed by the conquistadores. Cuzco museum still has other mummies.
- Gebel Barkal Most tombs emptied but eg one mummy found at Nuri c1984 by thieves who were apprehended.
- Golden Mountains of Altai Pazyryk mummies Link
- Guanajuato The Mummies of Guanajuato are a number of naturally mummified bodies interred during a cholera outbreak around Guanajuato, Mexico in 1833. The bodies were mummified due to the air and weather in the area.
- Hiraizumi Mummies of the three Fujiwara lords at Chusonji Temple
- Kiev Pechersk Lavra: hundreds of mummified bodies of monks
- Kremlin and Red Square Body of Lenin
- Lima Body of Pizarro
- Mammoth Cave Several pre-Columbian mummies have been found preserved.
- Potosi Several young children, displayed in La Moneda
- Pyramids (Memphis) Numerous
- Qadisha Valley Maronite mummies Link
- Qhapaq Ñan Piramide del Cerro Aconcagua (AR-PIN-20/CS-2011) "with its ceremonial site in La Piramide (ca. 5,300 MASL), has, in a dry-stone wall structure, the mummified body of a child..........In the protected landfill of one of the dry-stone walls there was the funerary bundle containing the tightly folded body of an infant of some 7 years of age, half-buried and slanted due to displacement" (Nom File)
- Quebrada de Humahuaca Tilcara museum holds a mummy that originates from San Pedro de Atacama (Chile)
- Tadrart Acacus The "black Mummy" - a Mummified infant was found in a rock shelter at Uan Muhuggiag in 1958. Carbon dating indicates it predates known Egyptian mummification.
- Tallinn St Nicholas' Church - The side chapel used to hold the mummy of Duke Eugène de Croÿ, the commander of the Russian army at Battle of Narva (1700).
- Tiwanaku Preservation, use, and reconfiguration of mummy bundles and skeletal remains
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Mummies
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source