Named after Adolf Hitler
Sites (often briefly) named after Hitler.
- Budapest Korond square was renamed Adolf Hitler square under the rule of Horthy
- Cracow Rynek Square was changed to Hitlerplatz
- Holy Trinity Column The square on which it sits, Horní náměstí (Upper Square), was briefly named Adolf Hitler Platz
- Riga Brivibas iela was was renamed "Adolf Hitler strasse" during the Nazi occupation (and then "Lenin iela"!!") It IS included within the inscribed area which consists of Old City, Boulevards and Suburbs. Brivibas Iela goes out from the edge of the old city and is shown in both these areas (marked 2 + 3) on the UNESCO map. Also quote from AB review "National Romanticism evolved from Jugendstil in Latvia, again on the Finnish model. This movement is represented by the work of architects such as E. Laube, K. PekSens, and A. Vanags, with some striking examples of their work in Alberta and Brivibas Streets."
- Skocjan Caves The Anophthalmus hitleri (which is a beetle named after him) is found there Link
- Trier Porta Nigra Platz was changed to Hitlerplatz
- Vienna Rathausplatz was changed to Hitlerplatz
- Warsaw Pilsudski Square was changed to Hitlerplatz
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Named after Adolf Hitler
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source