- Belfries Belfrie of Oudenaarde: The tapestries hanging in the Lower Cloth Hall and the adjacent Cloth Hall building represent an art form that brought the city fame between about the 15th-18th centuries Link
- Blenheim Palace Series of 10, made in Brussels, depicting the battles in the Wars of the Spanish Succession by the 1st Duke of Marlborough
- Burgos Cathedral A number of Flemish tapestries
- Cracow Tapestries in the cathedral and in the castle
- Golden Mountains of Altai The 5th century BC Pazyryk carpet, a product of an Achaemenid carpet production centre, was discovered in 1949 in the Altai Mountains.
- Guimarães Palace of the Dukes of Braganza: "In its vast collection, are the tapestries of Pastrana, which narrate some of the events in North African conquests, attributed to Nuno Gonçalves ... and a collection of Flemish tapestries by Peter Paul Rubens, among others"
- Istanbul Numerous Seljuk carpets
- Kronborg Castle 40 King's Tapestries (1580) displaying no less than 113 historic Danish kings ("To reach such a high number, Frederik II included all sorts of legendary kings"). 14 have survived, 7 are still in the castle Link
- Mont-Saint-Michel Depicted in the Bayeux Tapestry
- Mudejar Architecture of Aragon La Seo Cathedral in Zaragoza has a large and valuable collection of Flemish and French tapestries which used to be displayed inside the cathedral
- Paris, Banks of the Seine 105 carpets prepared by Le Brun for the Louvre
- Strasbourg Strasbourg Cathedral
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley Koblenz: the elector's former palace is now a museum; among other curiosities, it contains some fine Gobelin tapestries. (Wiki)
- Vatican City Tapestries by Rafael in the Sistine Chapel
- Westminster Westminster Abbey is depicted in the Bayeux Tapestry
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Famous tapestries
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source