Famous Love Stories
- Anuradhapura Story of Prince Saliya and his lowcast lover, Asokamala.
- Baekje Historic Areas “The Song of Seodong”
- Bisotun Shirin and Fahrad Link
- Cyrene allegedly built by Anthony for Cleopatra
- Fort and Shalamar Gardens Lahore Fort for love of Prince Saleem and Anarkali
- Great Wall Meng Jiangnu cried for 3 days 3 nights for her husband's body, until the Great Wall of China collapsed
- Imperial Palace The story of Emperor Qianlong and Xiang Fei, the fragrant concubine, took place in Beijing Imperial Palace. Another one happened during the Ming Dynasty between Emperor Chenghua and one of his concubines, Imperial Noble Consort Wan. The lady was almost 20 years older than the emperor but he apparently loved her till the end of her life. He was so distraught by her death that he died soon after. A third one happened during the Qing Dynasty between Emperor Shunzhi and Consort Donggo. After the lady died the emperor wanted to commit suicide
- Istanbul Topkapi Palace in Istanbul for Suleyman the magnificent and Roxolana
- Monastery of Alcobaça King Pedro I and Ines de Castro
- Mudejar Architecture of Aragon Teruel: Diego de Marcilla and Isabel Segura
- Old City of Jerusalem Solomon and Queen of Sheba, David and Bathsheba
- Paris, Banks of the Seine Napoleon and Josephine
- Persepolis Ahaseurus and Esther
- Site of Carthage Dido and Aeneas
- Taj Mahal Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal
- Troy Helen and Paris
- Venice and its Lagoon Casanova
- Verona Romeo and Juliet
- Villa Adriana (Tivoli) Emperor Hadrian and his gay lover Antinous (in 1998 the remains of the monumental tomb of Antinous, or a temple to him, were discovered at Villa Adriana)
- West Lake Lady White Snake and Xu Xian (story based in Hangzhou and the lake, met on Broken Bridge on the lake, Lady imprisoned under Leifeng Pagoda, etc).
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Famous Love Stories
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source