Discriminatory Entry Policies
Sites which discriminate regarding entry on the grounds of Sex, Religion or Nationality
World Heritage Sites connected to Discriminatory Entry Policies
- Bagerhat Khan Jahan's tomb - Men Only
- Djenné Due to an unsavoury incident with an Italian fashion photography shoot, the great mosque is out of bounds for non-Muslim tourists.
- Kathmandu Valley Most of Pashupatinath is closed to non-Hindus
- Kii Mountain Range Area around Mount Omine and Ominesanji Temple is out of bounds to women.
- Medina of Fez Great Kairaouine Mosque - Muslims only
- Medina of Marrakesh Koutoubia mosque - Muslims only
- Mijikenda Kaya Forests Sacred parts aren't open to 'strangers'
- Mount Athos Men Only
- Old City of Jerusalem Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque - Muslims only
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Discriminatory Entry Policies
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source