Bazaars & Market Halls
Monumental covered / permanent enclosed markets (opposite to market places in the open air).
- Aleppo Souk
- Bahla Fort the inscription include souq, the Bahla Souq with few covered market halls.
- Bukhara Tak-i Zargaron, a multiple dome-covered bazaar Link
- Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape Tavistock
- Cracow Underneath the Cloth Market at the Rynok Square
- Damascus Al-Hamidiyah Souk
- Diamantina Old Market Hall (constructed in 1835)
- Florence Saint Lawrence's Market, made of cast iron and glass
- Guanajuato Mercado Hidalgo
- Historic Cairo Khan el-Khalili
- Istanbul Grand Bazaar
- Medina of Tunis Souq el-Attarine
- Meidan Emam, Esfahan Isfahan Grand Bazaar
- Old City of Acre Souk
- Old City of Jerusalem Cotton Market, the Cardo
- Oporto Mercado do Bolhão
- Red Fort Chhatta Chowk and Meena Bazaar in the Red Fort Complex
- Samarkand Siyob Bazaar Link
- Selimiye Mosque covered Arasta bazaar
- Split Fish Market Hall
- Tabriz Bazaar
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Bazaars & Market Halls
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source