Declarations of Independence
Places where independence was declared.
- Guimarães June 24, 1128: Portugal from the Kingdom of L?on
- Independence Hall July 4, 1776: USA from Great Britain
- Panamá In the center of Casco Viejo is the Plaza de la Independencia, where Panama declared its independence from Colombia in 1903
- Santa Cruz de Mompox City Hall: it was here that on August 6, 1810 the Act of Independence from Spain was signed, and the cry "Ser Libres o Morir" ("Freedom or Death") was first heard.
- Sucre At the "Casa de la Libertad" the Declaration of Independence of Bolivia was signed on August 6th, 1825.
- Tugendhat Villa The 'Velvet Divorce' of the Czech and Slovak republics was signed here
- Vienna The Austrian State Treaty or Austrian Independence Treaty re-established Austria as a sovereign state. It was signed on May 15, 1955, in Vienna at the Schloss Belvedere among the Allied occupying powers (France, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the Soviet Union) and the Austrian government (wiki) Link
- White City of Tel-Aviv May 14, 1948: Israel from the British Mandate
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Declarations of Independence
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source