WHS without another WHS within range of 1000kms
World Heritage Sites connected to Isolated WHS
- Bikini Atoll Roughly 2,645 KM from East Rennell
- East Rennell 1070 km from Chief Roi Mata's Domain
- Gough and Inaccessible Islands 2600 kms from Robben Island
- Hawaii Volcanoes
- Heard and McDonald Islands 3400 kms from La Morne
- Henderson Island 1914 kms from Rapa Nui
- Ilulissat Icefjord 1500 kms from Thingvellir
- Lakes of Ounianga Roughly 1,190 KM from Gebel Barkal and the Sites of the Napatan Region (Sudan) and Sukur Cultural Landscape (Nigeria).
- Lena Pillars Roughly 1,500 KM from Lake Baikal
- Mogao Caves Roughly 1,025 KM from Orkhon Valley Cultural Landscape.
- Papahanaumokuakea Roughly 2,450 KM from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Phoenix Islands Roughly 2,767 KM from Chief Roi Mata's Domain
- Putorana Plateau Roughly 1,500 KM from the Virgin Komi Forests
- Rapa Nui 1914 kms from Henderson Island
- Shark Bay 1800 kms from Purnululu
- St. George, Bermuda 1200 kms from Independence Hall
- Vallée de Mai 1100 kms from Aldabra
- Virgin Komi Forests 1146 kms from Kazan
- Volcanoes of Kamchatka 1400 Kms from Shiretoko
- Wrangel Island 1600 Kms from Kamchatka Volcanoes
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Isolated WHS
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source