Notable examples of multiple speciation in one site
- Alejandro de Humboldt National Park Flora
- Central Amazon Conservation Complex "The water bodies existing in these reserves (Mamirau? and Amana)contain 64 species of electric fishes in seven families, including 3 species new to science, which represent the highest known diversity of this unique group of organisms in the world, with a level of radiation and adaptation akin to that of cichlids in the Rift Valley of Africa"
- Galapagos Islands Finches
- Jeju "A. koreana thrives in vast areas, and shows great genetic variation in the color of cones, and thus Jeju Island serves as a valuable source of research regarding the speciation of the conifer species. A. koreana is registered as a 'Red Listed' endangered plant species (LR/nt; ver 2.3, 1994) at the IUCN." - Nomination File
- Lake Malawi Cichlids
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Notable examples of multiple speciation in one site
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source