Sites that are islands or island groups, without permanent population on the entire site (except for the odd scientist or park ranger).
- Aldabra Atoll "Research Officer, Island Manager and their rangers and staff"
- Archipiélago de Revillagigedo The nominated property is uninhabited apart from the presence of a Mexican Navy station on Socorro (around 100 people) and a very small base on Clarión (around 10 people). (AB ev)
- Bikini Atoll
- Cocos Island Only park rangers
- Gough and Inaccessible Islands Inaccessible Island is uninhabited, Gough Island has a South African weather station
- Heard and McDonald Islands Never inhabited
- Henderson Island
- Macquarie Island Except for base of the Australian Antarctic Division
- Malpelo Malpelo is uninhabited except for six soldiers, rotated biannually, plus 10 more from the patrol boat. (UNEP WCMC)
- Rock Islands presently uninhabited, after the villages were abandoned in the 17th/18th century
- Sceilg Mhichíl
- St. Kilda Regarding Hirta: except for staff of radar tracking station, Trust and Scottish National Heritgae staff and scientific researchers
- Sub-Antarctic Islands
- Surtsey Never inhabited
- Wrangel Island Except for ca. "27 full and part time staff". Presumed never inhabited.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Uninhabited islands
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source