Travels of Xuanzang
Sites visited by the 7th century Chinese Buddhist monk Xuanzang, famous for his 17 year overland trip to India and back
- Bamiyan Valley
- Mahabodhi Temple Complex
- Nalanda visited Nalanda first in 637 and then again in 642, spending a total of around two years at the monastery (AB ev) Link
- Silk Roads "Great Wild Goose Pagoda was built in the 8th century AD to preserve the sutras and Buddhist figurines brought from India by Xuanzang." - Nomination File
- Taxila 631-633
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Travels of Xuanzang
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source