The most holy place of a religion
- Ambohimanga holiest place for the Malagasi people
- Bahá’i Holy Places Shrine of the Bahá'u'lláh in Acre
- Chichen-Itza Although the Mayan religion was in general decentralised, Chichen Itza was its largest centre and the most significant pilgrimage site in the Mayan states
- Cuzco The Temple of the Sun was holiest place for the Inca.
- Gusuku of Ryukyu Seifa-utaki is a Shinto Shrine and the holiest place of Okinawan local religions
- Lake Baikal Shaman Rock at Olkhon is the holiest place for the Buryats, Yakuts and Altais.
- Lumbini One of four holiest Buddhist places: Lumbini (Birthplace), Bodhgaya - Mahabodhi Temple (enlightenment), Sarnath (first sermon) and Kushinagar (nirvana)
- Mahabodhi Temple Complex Buddhism
- Mexico City and Xochimilco Templo Mayor was the holiest site in the Aztec religion
- Old City of Acre Baha'i
- Old City of Jerusalem Christianity, Judaism
- Orkhon Valley Ötüken to the ancient Turks
- Takht-e Soleyman Zoroastrianism
- Temple, Mansion and Cemetery of Confucius Confucianism
- Tombs of Buganda Kings The site is the major spiritual centre for the Baganda where traditional and cultural practices have been preserved. The Kasubi Tombs are the most active religious place in the kingdom (unesco website)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Holiest place
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source