World Heritage Sites connected to The Beatles
- Kremlin and Red Square The USSR prohibited the Beatles from performing in Red Square and banned their music. Eventually, in May 2003, Paul McCartney performed there in front of Putin. see Link
- Liverpool The Beatles "museum" is " Located in the Fab Four's hometown of Liverpool , England on the stunning UNESCO World heritage site at the Albert Dock" (Wiki). Liverpool Town Hall was also the location for a famous appearance by the Beatles on its balcony - Link
- Lower Valley of the Awash "Lucy", whose discovery was the justification for inscription of this WHS, "a cquired her name from the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by the Beatles , which was played loudly and repeatedly in the expedition camp all evening after the excavation team's first day of work on the recovery site." (Wiki)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to The Beatles
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source